What do we think when we see these numbers?
- “1 in 7 young Australians experience mental health condition”
- “Suicide in young Australians is the highest it has been in 10 years”
- “Suicide is the biggest killer of young Australians and accounts for the deaths of more young people than car accidents.”
- “There is on average 6 suicides a day.”
- “1 in every 2 of our youths are sexually abused, with research showing that this trauma leads towards mental illness.”
Everyone of us at Homestead For Youth think this is unacceptable and we want to change the story these numbers present.
If you are a young person experiencing mental health challenges and hardships, or if you are a family member who knows their young relatives can really do with support to prevent them from being a part of those statistics, please reach out!
We are here to help through a variety of therapy, psychology and care options.
You can find out more about how we want to give “power” back to our young people by checking out our many programs and therapies, including:
- H4Y Choose Life Suicide Prevention Message and Program where we work to empower you, our young people, to choose life today!
- Youth mentoring: if you are a young person who would like to have that one person who you can turn to for life advice, to listen whenever you need to talk and help you with your ideas, dreams and aspirations, then one of us at Homestead For Youth would like to be that person.
- Equine Therapy: engaging with animals safely and closely, like with our horses, is always a great way to relax, engage and connect. You might not realise but by doing just that, you will start to unlock benefits of therapy.
- Restoration Therapy: our farm home offers a car restoration therapy, where together we bring back to life an old or broken down car to get it back on the road. In the Kombi Restoration program we use old traditional forms of panel building to restore an old Combi Van. Other times we use other restoration projects to teach and instil Mental Health principles in practical ways.
- Music & The Arts: We understand that animals, cars and farm projects are not everyone’s cup of tea. Which is why we are also offering a creative outlet in the form of music and art therapy.
To make sure that the Homestead For Youth program is the correct path to recovery for you (as a young person) and your family, it is important to have an initial assessment session at our clinic.
This is the first step to establishing what our young people and their families need and to create trust and nurturing a relationship with the family to ensure healing through our numerous programs.